Saturday 30 January 2010

Kia.

"Follow me. It's right here. I swear it's right here".

Max followed the voice. The road was getting harder and harder to walk on. The grasses were getting taller. The ground were more and more uneven.

"But...hey, I can't. It's getting too dangerous for me. Hey!"

Then the world just turned black.

Slowly, Max opened his eyelids. His visions were blurred.

"Max? Max?"

He heard a voice calling out his name.

"That voice, where did I heard it before?" he thought.

"Oh God, Max, please answer me. Please."

A few droplets of water fell on his cheeks and trickled to his lips. Salty. Tears. Why is this person crying? What's going on? Where am I?

"...."

I'm fine, where am I? Max tried to speak but could not. Panic, started to build inside of him.

"Max, I'm so sorry. I'm so sorry that it has to turn out this way..."

What is wrong with you, woman?! My eyes are open, aren't they? Who the hell are you? What are you talking about. Oh my God, call the doctor! Help! I'm alive! Help! Max tried with all his might.

"...I really did not mean for this to happen. Why, Max? Oh God, Max. I love you..."

The machine beeps angrily. The man on the bed was breathing furiously. His eyelids flew open. (Or were they open the whole time?) The crying woman was so surprised. Relief washed over her and as soon as that happens, a mixture of guilt and sympathy replaces it.

Max stared at her, hard. He opened his mouth to say something.

"I love, you, Kia", he croaked.

"...but that is all."

And then she left.

It was not fair how she left. How she also left a mountain of questions, hanging in the air, when she carries her body, and every memories, out of the door.

"I told you it was here." said the voice.

And the ring of the alarm clock drowns the voice and Max's breaking heart.

No comments: