Sunday 13 December 2009

Secrets

You seem to smile with glee
when grotesque thoughts boil inside me
trying to make it through to my heart
to whisper the memories left forgotten
so the fortress I built would be broken.

I thought it is secure
for it had gone through so much and more
but as the rain falls down heavily
I now know.

But I am honestly tired of getting wet
I am tired of carrying this weight on my shoulders
I am tired of you breaking me apart
therefore I, will push you away
far, far away
lock you in a chest and throw away the key
far, far away
into a cave, deep down in the sea
so far away
that even if you wriggle and scream with all your might
you cannot break free.

Yes.
I will push you away
far, far away.


Notes : This was for the school magazine. But, alas.

2 comments:

Natalie Chin said...

that stupid school mag, doesn't know what they're missing.

li-thium said...

aw :)