Wednesday 17 June 2009

The Umbrella

Its almost two months now. I've been counting down the days since that day. It's pathetic really.

There's no such thing as drought now. I dont even have to sacrifice any little girls to call the rain god. The rain god seems to like me very much. He wont leave my side and so it rains a lot. All the time. I let the rain god bring the rain. Though I have no umbrella with me, I let the rain god bring the rain. I don't give a damn anymore. My umbrella, my umbrella broke. I still keep my umbrella. I love that umbrella to bits. It's something really special to me. Im trying really hard to find a way to fix that umbrella but it seems to be broken beyond repair. That fact saddens me.

The rain god thought that by bringing the rain, and with me without my umbrella, I would give in to him. He was wrong. I let him bring the rain for I have no strength to chase him away. I have no will to care about what he's trying to do. So I choose to ignore him. My action seems to enrage the rain god. Therefore, he brought more and more rain. So it rains harder and harder. All the time. And I, I just sit there, soaked from head to toe, with my broken umbrella.

The umbrella has been such a comfort to have by my side. It protects me from the sun and it also protects me from the rain. I relied on it too much . I didnt take good care of it. I took it for granted. But its too late for such realization for my umbrella, is broken.

Everyday since that day, Ive sit here and stare at my broken umbrella. Ive been sitting under the rain ever since. I want to try and fix it, but the sharp edges sticking out from it made me have second thoughts. Im afraid that I'll cut myself. So Ive been sitting under the rain ever since.

Im a coward.

No comments: